Last Updated on May 16, 2023
Madison Keys, an American professional tennis player, began her career in 2009. In October 2016, she achieved her highest singles ranking in the WTA at No. 7. Throughout her career, Keys has secured six singles titles on the WTA Tour. As a well-rounded player, she excels on fast surfaces, with her most notable success on hard courts. The majority of her WTA titles, including her most recent victory at the 2022 Adelaide tournament, have been won on hard surfaces.
She has already made a name for herself in the tennis world and we will continue to follow her progress. Her successful performance this season has added $835,395 to Keys’s account.
In this article, we’ll look at where else Madison Keys is making money.
|Net Worth||17 000 000$|
|Born||February 17, 1995|
Rock Island, Illinois
|Height||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|Plays||Right-handed (two-handed backhand)|
Madison Keys Career
Madison Keys, born on February 17, 1995, in Rock Island, Illinois, is an accomplished American professional tennis player. Introduced to tennis at the age of seven, she started her professional career in 2009. Madison’s early tennis achievements include winning several international U-18 category tournaments, eventually leading her to become the world’s 16th-ranked junior player.
Throughout her professional career, Madison has delivered notable performances at major WTA tournaments and Grand Slam events. In 2014, she claimed her debut WTA title in Eastbourne, UK, and by 2015, she reached the Australian Open semifinals, where she was defeated by Serena Williams. This success, along with her performances in Charleston and Wimbledon, helped her become the 18th-ranked player in the world.
In 2016, Madison’s exceptional performance on the court led her to enter the top 10 of the world rankings. She won the WTA 500 in Birmingham, England, reached WTA 1000 finals in Rome and Montreal, and the semifinals at the Olympic Games in Rio. She reached her highest ranking of No. 7 the same year.
After undergoing wrist surgery, Madison bounced back in 2017, winning the Stanford championship and reaching the US Open finals, where she lost to Sloane Stephens. In 2018, she reached the Australian Open quarterfinals and the Roland Garros semifinals. The following year, she won titles at the WTA 500 in Charleston and the WTA 1000 in Cincinnati. Her best Grand Slam performance in 2019 was reaching the quarterfinals at Roland Garros.
In 2020, Madison played in only four tournaments, including three majors, but failed to deliver remarkable results. She started 2021 by missing the Australian Open due to coronavirus infection. Despite a few setbacks during the year, Madison managed to reach the third round at Roland Garros and the fourth round at Wimbledon.
Madison Keys began her 2023 season by participating in the United Cup. She showed strong performances, defeating opponents such as Leolia Bronzetti, Magda Linette, Katie Swan, and Jule Niemeier. Later, she overcame Marie Bouzkova to advance further in the tournament.
In the Australian Open, Keys started off strong, defeating Anna Blinkova and Xiyu Wang in the early rounds. However, she was unable to continue her winning streak against the experienced Victoria Azarenka, who ultimately eliminated her in the third round.
Keys then competed in the Doha tournament, where she managed to defeat strong players like Caroline Garcia and Jasmine Paolini. Unfortunately, she faced Jelena Ostapenko in the first round and was unable to secure a win.
At the Dubai tournament, Keys showcased her skill by defeating Victoria Azarenka and Caroline Garcia once again. She also triumphed over Jasmine Paolini but was ultimately stopped by the young talent, Coco Gauff, in the quarterfinals.
In the Indian Wells tournament, Madison Keys was forced to retire due to dizziness during her match against Sorana Cirstea. She returned to action at the Miami tournament, defeating Robin Montgomery in the second round. However, Barbora Krejcikova proved to be a tough opponent and eliminated Keys in the third round.
Keys then played in the Charleston tournament, where she had a strong showing, defeating Emma Navarro, Hailey Baptiste, and Magda Linette before falling short against Daria Kasatkina in the quarterfinals.
Most recently, Keys participated in the Rome WTA tournament. She defeated Magdalena Frech and Victoria Azarenka in the early rounds but was unable to overcome Anhelina Kalinina in the round of 16.
Madison Keys Grand Slam Records
All athletes want to win a trophy at a grand slam tournament, Madison is no exception. We’ve compiled her performance statistics for the major majors in the table.
|Australian Open||Roland Garros||Wimbledon||US Open|
Madison Keys Sponsors
Madison Keys has garnered the support of several reputable sponsors that contribute to her thriving tennis career. Here’s a list of Madison Keys’s sponsors:
- Nike: Nike is a multinational corporation that designs, manufactures, and markets athletic footwear, apparel, equipment, and accessories for a wide range of sports and fitness activities. Known for its innovative products and iconic “swoosh” logo, Nike has established itself as a leading brand in the sports industry.
- Wilson: Wilson Sporting Goods is a renowned American sports equipment manufacturer, specializing in the production of gear for various sports, including tennis, baseball, basketball, golf, and football. For tennis, Wilson produces high-quality rackets, balls, strings, and accessories used by professional athletes and amateurs alike.
- Evian: Evian is a prestigious brand of natural mineral water, sourced from the French Alps. Known for its purity and unique taste, Evian has become synonymous with quality and luxury in the bottled water market. The brand also promotes sustainability and environmental responsibility through its packaging and production practices.
- Acuvue: Acuvue is a leading brand of contact lenses, owned by Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc. The brand offers a wide range of innovative and comfortable contact lenses designed to cater to various vision needs and lifestyles, promoting clear vision and eye health for users.
- Volvo: Volvo is a Swedish automotive manufacturer, renowned for its emphasis on safety, innovation, and sustainability. The company produces a wide range of vehicles, including sedans, SUVs, station wagons, and electric cars, with a commitment to reducing its environmental impact and enhancing the driving experience for customers.
- Kindness Wins: Kindness Wins is a non-profit organization that aims to foster kindness, empathy, and inclusivity in sports and beyond. Through various initiatives and programs, Kindness Wins seeks to create a more supportive and respectful environment in athletic communities, promoting positive values and sportsmanship among athletes of all levels.
Madison Keys’ Net Worth
In 2023 Madison earned $835,395 in prize money for matches in various tournaments. During his professional career, Keys earned $15,795,807 in prize money according to the official WTA website. We estimated Madison Keys’s net worth at $17 000 000.
- Alycia Parks’s Net Worth 2023 – Prize money, Salary, Sponsors
- Sofia Kenin’s Net Worth 2023 – Prize Money, Salary, Sponsors
- Coco Gauff’s Net Worth 2023 – Prize money, Salary, Sponsors
- Jessica Pegula’s Net Worth 2023 – Prize money, Salary, Sponsors
Madison Keys’s Prize Money Compared To The Top 10 WTA Players
Madison Keys has already proved to everyone that she can beat representatives of the top 10 of the WTA ranking. We compared the current prize money of the top 10 tennis players with the prize money received by Madison Keys.
|Rank||Player Name||Prize money|
How old is the tennis player Madison Keys?
American tennis player Madison Keys was born on February 17, 1995, she is 28 years old.
How tall is Madison Keys?
Former WTA number 7, Madison Keys is 1.78 m (5 ft 10 in) tall
Where was Madison Keys born?
Madison Keys, a talented American tennis player, was born in Rock Island, Illinois, USA
What’s Madison Keys’ best ranking?
Madison Keys was able to move up to No. 7 in the WTA rankings in October 2016, her best result yet.
Did Madison Keys win the Grand Slam?
No, she hasn’t won yet. Madison’s best Grand Slam result is a final at US OPEN Garros in 2017
When did Madison Keys turn pro?
Madison Keys made her Ponte Vedra Beach championship debut at age 14
Who sponsors Madison Keys?
A talented athlete from the U.S., Madison Keys is supported by the following brands: Nike, Wilson,Evian, Acuvue, Volvo, Kindness Wins
How much prize money has Madison Keys won?
In 2023 Madison earned $835,395 in prize money for matches in various tournaments. During his professional career, Keys earned $15,795,807 in prize money
How many WTA titles has Madison Keys won?
The talented tennis player from the United States, Madison Keys, has won 6 singles WTA tournaments.