Last Updated on April 27, 2023
Holger Rune, a Danish tennis professional, commenced his career in 2020. By April 2023, he achieved his personal best, ranking 7th in ATP singles. With four ATP singles titles to his name, Rune demonstrates versatility by excelling on various surfaces. His victories are evenly split between hard-court triumphs, with his most notable win being the esteemed 2022 Paris Masters.
He has already made a name for himself in the tennis world and we will continue to follow his progress. His successful performance this season has added $1,192,309 to Rune’s account.
In this article, we will tell you how else Holger Rune makes money
|Net Worth||5 500 000$|
|Born||29 April 2003|
|Height||1.88 m (6 ft 2 in)|
Holger Rune Career
Holger Rune was born on April 29, 2003, in Gentoft, Denmark, and started playing tennis at the age of six, inspired by his older sister Alma’s passion for the sport. His mother, Aneke, supported both children’s hobbies and eventually became Holger’s second coach alongside Lars Christensen. Today, Christensen continues to work with Rune, and since the end of 2022, renowned ATP and WTA specialist Patrick Muratoglu has joined as his personal coach.
As a junior, Rune quickly built a strong reputation. After winning the U-12 national championship with another Danish rising star, Klara Tauson, he was offered the opportunity to train at Patrick Muratoglu’s prestigious academy. In 2017, Holger became the European U-14 champion and won a home competition a few months later.
Rune’s progress was rapid; in June 2019, he won the junior Roland Garros by defeating Toby Alex Kodat in the final. He then received a special invitation to participate in the Challenger in Blois and played at his home Challenger in Amersfoort, earning his second career victory at this level.
In 2020, Rune officially turned pro at the age of sixteen. Despite a challenging debut in Auckland, where he was eliminated in the first round, he continued to compete and soon participated in the prestigious Ultimate Tennis Showdown. By the end of the year, Rune had won three junior series titles.
In 2021, after winning another ITF tournament, Rune attempted the Tour again, with mixed results in Buenos Aires and Santiago. However, in June, he won his debut Challenger in Biella, Italy, and was granted special invitations to participate in various tournaments. Rune’s performance led him to No. 145 in the rankings and a chance to qualify for the US Open.
Although he faced a challenging opponent in Novak Djokovic during the US Open, Rune surprised the audience by winning one set in a tiebreak. Despite losing the match, his performance in September at the Metz tournament led him to the quarterfinals and qualified him for the New Generation ATP Finals.
In 2022, Holger Rune had a remarkable year in his tennis career. He debuted in the top 100 ATP singles rankings in January and reached his first career ATP semifinal in doubles at the Open 13. Rune achieved his first top 10 win by defeating Alexander Zverev at the Bavarian International Tennis Championships, where he also won his first career ATP singles title. He made his main draw debut at the French Open, reaching the quarterfinals and becoming the first Danish man to do so in the Open Era.
Despite a brief slump, Rune found success again in Washington, Montreal, and Cincinnati, and reached the third round at the US Open. He made it to his second ATP final in Sofia and qualified for the 2022 Next Generation ATP Finals in Milan. Rune won his second title at the Stockholm Open, reached the top 25 rankings, and became only the fourth man born in the 2000s to reach the top 20 in ATP rankings.
In his debut at the 2022 Rolex Paris Masters, Rune saved three match points against Wawrinka and proceeded to defeat four top-10 players in a row, including World No. 1 Carlos Alcaraz. He won his first Masters 1000 title by defeating defending champion Novak Djokovic and became the youngest champion in Paris since Boris Becker in 1986. Rune entered the top 10 rankings in November, withdrew from the 2022 Next Generation ATP Finals, and finished the year as a rising star in the tennis world.
In 2023, Holger Rune continued to make strides in his tennis career. After a semifinal appearance at the Mexican Open, he rose to world No. 8 in the singles rankings on March 6th. However, on April 3rd, he announced his split with coach Patrick Mouratoglou after working together for six months.
Rune’s success continued at the 2023 Monte-Carlo Masters, where he achieved his first top-5 win of the season and tenth top-10 win overall by defeating third seed Daniil Medvedev. He went on to beat another top-10 player, Jannik Sinner, to reach his second Masters final but ultimately lost to Andrey Rublev in three sets. Despite the loss, Rune’s performance propelled him to world No. 7 on April 17th, making him the highest-ranked Dane in history, tied with Kurt Nielsen.
At the 2023 BMW Open, Rune reached his second consecutive clay final with victories over Yannick Hanfmann, Cristian Garin, and Christopher O’Connell. He faced Botic van de Zandschulp in a rematch of the previous year’s final, emerging victorious in three sets to defend his title and claim his first trophy of the season.
Holger Rune’s Grand Slam Records
All athletes want to win a trophy at a grand slam tournament, Holger is no exception. We’ve compiled his performance statistics for the major majors in the table.
|Australian Open||Roland Garros||Wimbledon||US Open|
Holger Rune Sponsors
The talented tennis player Holger Rune is sponsored by the following famous brands.
- Rolex: A prestigious Swiss watchmaker, Rolex is known for its timeless luxury timepieces that epitomize precision and excellence, appealing to both sports enthusiasts and connoisseurs of fine craftsmanship.
- Nike: A global leader in athletic apparel and footwear, Nike consistently pushes the boundaries of innovation and design, enabling athletes across various sports to perform at their highest level.
- Babolat: With a rich history in tennis equipment manufacturing, Babolat provides top-quality racquets, strings, and accessories to professional and amateur players, ensuring optimal performance on the court.
- Shamballa Jewels: As a Danish luxury jewelry brand, Shamballa Jewels combines exquisite craftsmanship with unique designs, creating stunning pieces that cater to discerning tastes and fashion-forward sensibilities.
- STATE Energy: Co-founded by Danish sports icons Christian Eriksen and Caroline Wozniacki, STATE Energy offers a range of energy drinks made with natural Danish mineral water, active ingredients, and unique flavor aromas, promoting a refreshing and invigorating experience.
- Humanostics: A strategic management consultancy firm, Humanostics specializes in human resources and organizational strategy, helping businesses and individuals optimize performance and achieve their goals.
- Cham Seed Foundation: This non-profit organization empowers underprivileged youth through sports and education initiatives, harnessing the transformative power of sports to promote positive change in communities worldwide.
- Mouratoglou Academy: Established by renowned coach Patrick Mouratoglou, this world-class tennis academy provides top-tier coaching, training facilities, and resources to aspiring tennis players, nurturing their talent and helping them reach their full potential in the sport.
Holger Rune’s Net Worth
In 2023 Holger earned$1,192,309 in prize money for matches in various tournaments. During his professional career, Rune earned $4,221,298 in prize money according to the official ATP website. We estimated Holger Rune’s net worth at $5 500 000.
- Alexander Bublik’s Net Worth 2023
- Casper Ruud’s Net Worth 2023
- Carlos Alcaraz’s Net Worth 2023
- Daniil Medvedev’s Net Worth 2023
Holger Rune’s prize money compared to the top 10 ATP players
Holger Rune has proven more than once that he can beat the top tennis players at various stages of tournaments. We compared the prize money of other top 10 ATP players with the prize money earned by Holger Rune.
|Rank||Player Name||Prize money|
What nationality is Holger Rune?
Holger Rune is a Danish professional tennis player, representing his country on the global stage.
How old is Holger Rune?
Holger Rune was born on 29 April 2003 and he is 19 years old.
How tall is Holger Rune?
Holger Rune, the winner of four ATP titles, is 1.88 m (6 ft 2 in) tall
When did Holger Rune turn pro?
Holger Rune began his professional career in 2020.
Who sponsors Holger Rune?
The Danish tennis player, Holger Rune is supported by the following sponsors: Rolex, Nike, Babolat,Shamballa Jewels,STATE Energy,Humanostics, Cham Seed foundation, Mouratoglou Academy
How much prize money has Holger Rune won?
In 2023 Holger earned$1,192,309 in prize money for matches in various tournaments. During his professional career, Rune earned $4,221,298 in prize money
What’s Holger Rune’s best ranking?
Holger Rune was able to move up to No. 7 in the ATP rankings in April 2023, his best result yet
Where was Holger Rune born?
Holger Rune was born in Copenhagen, Denmark.
How many ATP titles has Holger Rune won?
The talented tennis player from Denmark, Holger Rune, won 4 ATP singles tournaments.