Last Updated on June 9, 2023
Casper Ruud, a professional tennis player from Norway, made his debut in 2015 and has since climbed up the ranks. In September 2020, he reached the No. 2 spot in the ATP singles rankings, the highest of his career so far. With 10 singles titles to his name on the ATP Tour, Ruud is a versatile player and is comfortable playing on all surfaces. His exceptional performance on clay courts is his greatest strength, as evidenced by his numerous ATP titles won on clay, including his most recent win at the Millennium Estoril Open.
He has already made a name for himself in the tennis world and we will continue to follow his progress. His successful performance this season has added $748,612 to Ruud’s account.
In this article, we will tell you how else Casper Ruud makes money
|Net Worth||15 000 000$|
|Born||22 December 1998|
|Height||1.83 m (6 ft 0 in)|
Casper Ruud Career
Casper Ruud was born on the small populated peninsula of Snareja, Norway, on December 22, 1998. A few years later, the family of the future star moved to Oslo, a city that boasts excellent conditions for playing tennis.
Casper’s career began in 2015. Casper won his first ITF series tournaments in 2016, the same year he won his first ATP challenger in Seville.
In subsequent years, Ruud played mostly on the Challengers, where he reached the finals but lost to his opponents. He also qualified for bigger tournaments but never got past the third round.
Casper won his first ATP title in 2020 in Buenos Aires, defeating Pedro Sousa of Portugal 6/1,6/4 in the final. The same year, he also competed well in Rome and Hamburg where he reached the semifinals. In the ATP tournament in Rome, Ruud lost to Serbian Novak Djokovic, and in Hamburg, Casper could not beat Andrey Rublev of Russia.
- Who Is Casper Ruud’s Coach In 2023?
- Casper Ruud’s Quotes
- Who Is Casper Ruud’s Girlfriend?
- Who Are Casper Ruud’s Parents?
- Casper Ruud’s Tennis Racket: A Look At The Gear Of A Norwegian Tennis Star
Casper Ruud entered the top 10 of the ATP rankings in the 2021 season. Casper managed to repeat Andi Murray’s record and win three consecutive trophies in three weeks. First Ruud won at Bastad, beating Argentina’s Federico Coria in the final. The second title Casper won at a tournament in Gstaad, and the third in Kitzbühel, Austria, beating Pedro Martinez of Spain in the decisive match.
At the end of this year, the Norwegian managed to win another trophy at the San Diego tournament. It was Rood’s first trophy he won on a hard surface. In the final match, Casper defeated Cameron Norrie in two sets.
Such successful performances allowed Casper to qualify for the ATP Finals. In the semifinals of this tournament, Ruud lost to Russian Daniil Medvedev.
Casper Ruud had an impressive 2022 season in tennis, despite an ankle injury that forced him to withdraw from the Australian Open. He won his seventh career ATP singles title at the Argentina Open, reached his first Masters 1000 Final and became world No. 7 in April. He defended his title at the Geneva Open, reached his first Grand Slam final at the French Open, and climbed to world No. 2 after reaching the US Open final. He also competed in the ATP Finals where he lost to Novak Djokovic in the final match.
In 2023, Casper Ruud experienced ups and downs in his tennis career. He began the year leading Norway’s team at the inaugural United Cup but failed to advance to the knockout stage. Following an early exit at the Australian Open, Ruud criticized the ATP Tour calendar and took a month-long break. Struggling during the early North American swing, he lost in the Mexican Open, Indian Wells Masters, and Miami Masters, dropping to world number 5. However, Ruud bounced back by winning his tenth ATP title at the 2023 Estoril Open, recording his 100th clay court win, and moving back up to world number 4.
Casper Ruud’s Grand Slam Records
All athletes want to win a trophy at a grand slam tournament, Casper is no exception. We’ve compiled his performance statistics for the major majors in the table.
|Australian Open||Roland Garros||Wimbledon||US Open|
Casper Ruud Sponsors
The talented tennis player Casper Ruud is sponsored by the following famous brands.
- Samsonite: Samsonite is a world-renowned luggage and travel accessories company that offers high-quality and innovative solutions for travelers. They produce suitcases, backpacks, and other travel-related products that are both durable and stylish.
- Porsche Norway: Porsche Norway is the official Norwegian branch of the prestigious German automobile manufacturer, Porsche AG. They offer a range of luxury sports cars and SUVs known for their performance, innovation, and design.
- Proaktiv: Proaktiv is a Norwegian real estate agency that specializes in residential properties. They provide professional and personalized services to clients looking to buy, sell, or rent properties in Norway.
- Vitamin Well: Vitamin Well is a Swedish beverage company that offers a range of functional and healthier drinks, including vitamin-infused water, sports drinks, and energy drinks. Their products are designed to provide essential vitamins and minerals to support a healthy lifestyle.
- SuperOffice: SuperOffice is a European Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software provider that helps businesses improve their customer relations and increase sales. They offer solutions for sales, marketing, and customer service, tailored to meet the needs of various industries.
- Yonex: Yonex is a leading Japanese sports equipment manufacturer, specializing in products for badminton, tennis, and golf. They are known for their high-quality rackets, clubs, shoes, and other sports accessories used by professional athletes worldwide.
- The Arctic Group: The Arctic Group is a Norwegian investment bank that provides financial services such as mergers and acquisitions, equity and debt capital markets, and corporate finance. They cater to both local and international clients across various industries.
- Aker BP: Aker BP is a leading independent oil and gas exploration and production company operating in the North Sea. They focus on safe and efficient operations, innovative solutions, and maintaining a low carbon footprint.
- W-Initiative: Established by Gustav Magnar Witzøe in 2021, W-Initiative is a global organization that aims to support humanitarian activities that improve the quality of life for children and young people around the world. Norway’s top tennis player and superstar, Casper Ruud, has taken on the role of global ambassador for W-Initiative, championing the foundation’s efforts to create opportunities for growth and empowerment in various fields, including business and sports.
Casper Ruud’s Net Worth
In 2023 Ruud earned $748,612 in prize money for matches in various tournaments. During his professional career, Casper earned $13,819,203 in prize money according to the official ATP website. We estimated Casper Ruud’s net worth at $15 000 000.
- Carlos Alcaraz’s Net Worth 2023
- Daniil Medvedev’s Net Worth 2023
- Jiri Lehecka Net Worth 2023
- Sebastian Korda’s Net Worth 2023
- Matteo Berrettini Net Worth 2023
Casper Ruud prize money compared to the top 10 ATP players
Casper Ruud has proven more than once that he can beat the top tennis players at various stages of tournaments. We compared the prize money of other top 10 ATP players with the prize money earned by Casper Ruud.
|Rank||Player Name||Prize money|
What nationality is Casper Ruud?
Casper Ruud was born in Oslo and he is a Norwegian professional tennis player.
How old is Casper Ruud?
Casper Ruud was born December 22, 1998, and is 24 years old.
How tall is Casper Ruud?
Casper Ruud, the winner of five ATP titles, is 1.83 m tall
When did Casper Ruud turn pro?
Casper Ruud began his professional career in 2015.
Who sponsors Casper Ruud?
The best Norwegian tennis player, Casper Ruud is supported by the following sponsors: The Arctic Group, AkerBP, Yonex, SuperOffice, Proaktiv, Vitamin Well, Porsche Norge, W Initiative, Samsonite
How much prize money has Casper Ruud won?
In 2023 Ruud earned $748,612 in prize money for matches in various tournaments. During his professional career, Casper earned $13,819,203 in prize money
What’s Casper Ruud’s best ranking?
Casper Ruud was able to move up to No. 2 in the ATP rankings in September 2022, his best result yet
Where was Casper Ruud born?
Casper Ruud, a talented Norwegian tennis player, was born in Oslo, Norway
How many ATP titles has Casper Ruud won?
The talented tennis player from Norway, Casper Ruud, won 10 ATP singles tournaments.