Belarusian tennis player Aryna Sabalenka commented on .
– How do you like a workshop on cooking dumplings?
– I would say that I am much better in tennis than in cooking. Variety, entertainment, beautiful view. Little switched, maybe it played a role in today’s victory.
– You chose it yourself? Kvitova was in the Hermitage.
– Organizers offer a selection of entertainment. And you choose what you like more.
– Dumplings ate?
– Yes. That was tasty.
– You had a recession in the second set.
– In fact, it is difficult at this level to keep the concentration from beginning to end. I try to improve this component. A little failed attention, but this did not stop to win.
– What do you think about the next opponent?
– I played with her in China, at the beginning of the season. She is a difficult player, very active and aggressive, well served. Must be an interesting match.
– You took the balls that won. Are there any more signs?
– No will, in fact. It happened by chance. Step over the lines or straighten clothes, or take the ball – this is not.
– Do you set goals for tournaments?
– I have a main goal for tournaments – to play every match a hundred percent collected. There is no such thing that I say: I will definitely win. The ball is round – anything can happen. By this you underestimate your opponents, and I prefer to underestimate and then win.
– You trained on the main court.
– I once practiced on the central court. From the training differs only in the stands. After tournaments on the street there is not enough oxygen. And so no difference.
– Is the attitude to you different in Russia?
– Of course, different. Still, closer to Russia, we are located, and people are more sick for me. There were few people, but according to my feelings, everyone supported me. Native atmosphere: I have not seen snow for a long time.
– Do you call the coach to the court or does he give you signs?
– With Dmitry, the initiative only comes from me. From not eager to run out on court. If I need to hear him, I call him.
– Are you not afraid that in the next match will be ill against you?
– No, I heard that they were shouting to me: “Belarus with you” – what else do I need. Both with flags, and with portraits were.
– What coverage and what tournaments do you like?
– Coatings – I love everything. All kinda interesting. Tournaments – I really like Miami, US Open, Australian Open, Wimbledon. Many like, almost everything.