Russian tennis player Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova commented on her victory over Jelena Ostapenko in St. Petersburg.
– Before, you lost Ostapenko, and now you won. What have you added, and she turned it down?
– What did she turn down? Better to ask her. I began to play more securely: I struggle, I play, there is no secret here. I felt fine, I wanted to win. I’m glad, although it was a difficult match. She played well.
– You said that you need to endure on these courts, but Ostapenko does not like to endure. Did you play on your own or adjust?
– I always make a start from myself, because I can’t look at my opponent and play at the same time. If you constantly think: “Now she is mistaken,” – so it will not work to play. I always try to act actively, even against it. In the first set I could not take the initiative, because she plays well and beats under the back line.
– Was it easy to play after the flight from Australia?
– To play in general is not easy, even without changing the continent. Here from the first circle is a difficult grid. But I try not to think about it and play once arrived. I do everything possible, despite fatigue and small injuries.
– Was there an offer to play in a pair in St. Petersburg before the Fed Cup match?
– No, there was no such offer. Now I am glad that I am not playing a couple. It would be too much. And so enough work and fatigue. I played a couple in Australia, even though one match. Orient on the site.
– How old are you with the current coach?
– Muratoglu told me: “They don’t look for good from the good”. When you change coaches and a team a lot, it affects. This time I decided that I needed stability in the team. Trainer on OFP with me since 2016. With physio, I just can not find stability. I hope that someone will linger for a long time. I want to create a team that will always be with me. Despite the result. You need to believe in the process.
– A workshop on dumplings helped you?
– It did not distract me, because it was in the morning and not for long. After that I trained. It helped to switch, because lately only “courts – hotel, courts – hotel, physio”. Made a positive in my boring life. Aryna was fun, she is very funny. And the dumplings turned out delicious.
– Shamil Tarpishchev said that you “unfortunately love sweet things.” Not offended? Is it easier to move now?
– I have not heard that Shamil Anvyarovich said this. He probably knows better. You can ask him about my movements. Perhaps you said, and threw him. I do not know what to say. Motion? Sweets help. Glucose makes itself felt.