Swiss Stan Wawrinka commented on his defeat in the quarter-finals of the Australian Open.
– The first set ended pretty quickly. What happened then?
– Nothing happened. I started great, and the opponent was worried and played constrained. I was extremely aggressive and tried to put pressure on him with every blow. In the second set, I began to think more and move a little less actively. Because of this, I did not have time to get out on the ball so early, I began to make mistakes, and he returned to the game.
– Did you have any physical problems?
– After one and a half sets, my strength ran out, and the opponent played powerfully and served well. I could play better in the second and third sets, but he was good. And then I just could not force myself.
Join our telegram channel and keep in touch with us.
– You were not surprised by the serve of Zverev? After all, it was with her that he had problems at the beginning of the season.
“No, I know what he is capable of.” He had problems before the start of the tournament, but not on time. In our two previous meetings, he served excellently, so I could not manage to make a break.
Always a pleasure, @stanwawrinka.
— #AusOpen (@AustralianOpen) January 29, 2020
Nevertheless, I am pleased with the tournament, reaching the quarter-finals and the level at which I played. The start of the season was great.
Recommended article: Roger Federer vs Tennys Sandgren Highlights | Australian Open 2020 Quarter-Final