Serbian tennis player Novak Djokovic shared his impressions of the exit to semifinal in Melbourne.
– It was clear that Kei was having problems. For many seasons, he is in the Top 10 and has extensive experience playing at the biggest tournaments. I understood that if Nishikori was healthy, he would give me a lot of problems. Unfortunately, today it all happened that way. It was hard to see how it hurt. In recent years, he has been traumatized. Obviously, he did not want to finish the games in the tournament this way.
– Everyone is discussing whether you can beat Rafael Nadal. Ready to play with him?
– Honestly, I do not understand why you are asking about Nadal, because now my press conference. As for our possible meeting, I will be ready to comment on something if we both win the semifinals.
– At the end of the fight with Medvedev, you looked very tired. Was there such a problem? Passed information that you trained away from prying eyes.
– In the meeting with Medvedev we had a lot of protracted draws – of course, in the end of the fight I felt tired. However, I was able to quickly recover, so for today’s match it had no effect. If we talk about closed training, I also saw that they wrote about it. This is complete rubbish. I do not know where it came from
– I did not ask anyone to close my training session. I just went to train in the arena of Margaret Court. It was empty. Everything suited me. I don’t know, it’s possible that someone from the tournament management decided to do so.