Last Updated on December 26, 2021
Russian Karen Khachanov confidently reached the third round of the Australian Open with a 6-2, 6-4, 6-4 victory over Lithuanian Ricciardas Berankis.
His team is well prepared for the first Grand Slam this season. Who will be a part of Karen’s team?
Karen Khachanov current coaches is Fredrik Rosengren
Russian tennis player Karen Khachanov began working with Swedish specialist Fredrik Rosengren at the end of November 2019.
“I’m glad to announce the start of cooperation with a new coach, Fredrik Rosengren, who has worked with many top athletes. Fredrik is known around the world as a strong and smart coach with an impeccable reputation.Karen Khachanov
Fredrik Rosengren is a professional tennis coach from Sweden. He began his coaching career in 1988.
Fredrik Rosengren coaching career highlights:
- Coached Jan Gunnarsson from 1988-1992
- Coached Jonas Björkman from 1990-1998 and Jan Apell from 1994-1995
- Coached Magnus Norman from 1999-2003
- Coached Joachim Johansson in 2005 and Mario Ancic from 2005-2008
- Coached Robin Söderling in 2011
- Davis Cup Captain for Sweden from 2013-2017 and coached Jurgen Melzer in 2017
- Coached Kyle Edmund from 2017-2018
Karen’s past coaches
In 2020, Karen ended his collaboration with Vedran Martic because of difficulties caused by the coronovirus epidemic. They had worked together since 2017, winning three ATP titles and debuting in the top 15 of the ATP rankings.
In 2019, Kachanov worked with Nikolay Davydenko, but their collaboration ended after a few months. The reason was Davydenko’s unwillingness to support Karen at all tournaments.