– On Sunday in London starts the final tournament of the year Nitto ATP Finals, where you performed unsuccessfully last year. To what extent are you ready for it now?
– A hundred percent. Still, this season was shorter than the previous one and I do not feel squeezed out like a lemon. In Paris, there is a very cool preparation for London. Now it is necessary to have a couple of days rest, already in London to have a little training, and you can rush into the fight.
– Would you like to get into the same group with Andrey Rublev?
– I would rather not. It would be much more pleasant for us to play in the final, and if we are in the same group, the chances of it will decrease. By the way, I would like to see a Russian final at some big tournament. Because we met Karen Khachanov twice in semifinals, including Moscow two years ago, with Andrey – three times in the quarter-finals, as at the US Open, and the finals have not yet reached.
– The situation in London will be unique in its own way. After all, apart from you and Rublev there will also play Alexander Zverev and Stefanos Tsitsipas, whose parents were champions of the USSR in tennis, that is, in fact, came out of one nest. I wonder if you discuss such things with each other?
– Yes, but mostly with Karen and Andrey, with whom I am friends and therefore communicate much more often.
If we talk about other guys, we should take into account that at junior tournaments even a year is important. From this point of view, Andrey is still closer to Zverev, with whom they are the same age, I am Karen, and Tsitsipas is the youngest among us.