Australian tennis player Ashleigh Barty commented on the defeat in the quarterfinals of the Australian Open.
– I am only upset, because all my life I want to win every match. But today Petra played at the historical level. She immediately seized the pace as best she can. I had little chance.
– Halep compared Serena with a train. What do you think?
– Petra is able to seize control. I knew about it. And at the beginning of the match, she was especially well served. She always took around a meter or two from the back line and made me defend. And she played very clean.
– What did you fail?
– There is no one element of the element. Petra was better. I have no regrets. Of course, I would like to again hold certain draws, but this is impossible.
– Petra returned from injury. What do you think of it?
– She is great. Amazing person. And she starts to show her best game again. I was lucky to play with her in one of the first tournaments after my return – in Birmingham a couple of years ago. We all know what Petra is capable of. She is a champion who has proven herself to beat the best. She was already the second racket of the world. And she has a game and attitude that allow you to fight with any opponent.