Last Updated on January 19, 2019
American Venus Williams commented on the defeat of the Romanian Simona Halep in Melbourne.
– I think she showed an almost perfect game. She had only 12 mistakes, and I had three times as many. Yes, I should have made less mistakes, but Simona played amazingly.
– Regret that you can not play with Serena?
– Defeats, in principle, are not pleasant. But this is not related to the next round.
– What did you do to cope with the beautiful game of a rival?
– She had a great first serve. I rarely saw her so aggressive on the court. The second serve also worked well. I should have played better at break points, but a large number of mistakes prevented me, although I struggled to the end. The match still turned out great.
– Serena and Simona are familiar. Will you discuss something with your sister before the match?
– Maybe. I don’t know if Serena needs my help. If yes, then I am ready to help.