American Sofia Kenin commented on her victory at the start of the US Open in an interview with the press service of the tournament.
– Of course, I was worried and felt bad about it. I constantly reminded myself that I have global goals and I can’t push myself. The first round of the Grand Slam Tournament, I had to start all over again. It was a storm of emotions. I won the last “Slam”, so I went out as a champion.
Before the fight I had to let off steam. I handled the situation well, won 6/2, 6/2, though the fight was equal and my opponent played great.
– How does Sofia Kenin let off steam?
– She was crying. That’s what I did. I have to let my emotions out. Of course, people don’t want to hear that, but in Australia I cried before every match and it worked.
– We don’t judge, everyone has their ways. At what point in the match did you realize that everything was fine?
– To be honest, after the first game. I made a break, then I took my pitch, leading 2/0. I quickly found my pitch and entered the rhythm. I felt that everything was going well.
Recommended article: ANDY MURRAY: MY PATH WAS NOT EASY, BUT I AM HAPPY TO GO BACK TO THE COURT AND PLAY.