Last Updated on January 12, 2019
Romanian Simona Halep told about her condition before the start of the Australian Open.
– Is there any difference in your condition before and after winning the Grand Slam?
– Of course, very significant. I achieved my goal, won the “Helmet” and now I can say that I am the real first racket of the world. I used to say that without winning the “major” I was not a real leader. I enjoy life. My results last season helped me become calmer. Now I just try to constantly add to gain confidence in the future.
– Do you have any motivation after the victory in Paris?
– Yes, but it is slightly different. Last year, before Melbourne, I played 10-15 matches, and now only one in which I lost. But I allowed myself to have a good rest in the off-season and come up with a tournament with new forces. Of course, I lack a little training and matches, but I’m not complaining. I just need to get back to work completely.
– What was your reaction to the results of the draw? (In the first round Halep will have a meeting with Kaia Kanepi, who beat her at the start of the US Open. )
– Seriously want to know? Darren Cahill told me about the results because he participated in the draw. I then took my new sneakers to Nike. Then I thought: “Well, while I will be happy with the sneakers, I will think about it later.” That’s all.
– What about the back?
– I was fighting with Barty, everything was fine. Although in this case you can not guess. We’ll see.