Last Updated on July 6, 2019
Romanian Simona Halep answered questions from journalists after winning the third round of Wimbledon.
– I am pleased with my game and I think that it was my best match of the season. In the first game I was inferior, but I still felt confident and played aggressively. Vika is a very strong tennis player, so I’m glad to beat her. Even yielding, I just fought without thinking about the score.
– What do you think about the pair of Andy Murray and Serena Williams in the mixed doubles?
– It’s great when such champions join forces. I will definitely watch their match, although I don’t know when it will be.
– And who would you have chosen as partners if you decided to act in a mixed doubles?
– Only Horia Tecau. After all, we need to win a medal at the Olympics, and this requires training. In general, I did not think about it.
– Do you agree that non-rated players earn little money and there is a problem of disproportionate distribution of money in tennis?
– I don’t like talking about money. Besides, it is not very convenient for me to discuss this, because on the Top level we earn so much that I can already afford everything that I have ever wanted. It may be worth helping non-rated tennis players.