Romanian Simona Halep commented on her success at Wimbledon .
– Did you have a better match?
– No, this is my best match. Thanks to Serena for inspiration. I did a great job to play here before the members of the royal family.
– You are not worried at all!
– I do not agree. I had abdominal discomfort, but I understood that I had no time for emotions.
– What do you feel holding this trophy?
– It’s unforgettable. As a child, my mother said that I need to play in the Wimbledon final to leave a mark on the history of tennis. In addition, champions are given life membership in the club. This is a great motivation.
– Until this season, you did not like to play on the grass. What has changed?
– I managed to adapt my game to this coverage. I like to run more, but on the grass it does not work. This year I know how to act and what to do with the ball. The tournament was awesome, I already want to return here.
– Your match was attended by the Duchess of Cambridge and Sussex, as you dreamed. Now you will be taken to the board of honor and will be able to go to them in the box.
– Great. I did not know about it. Thanks to all members of the royal family who came today. This is a great honor for me.