Last Updated on May 3, 2019
French tennis player Richard Gasquet told about his condition.
– What is the latest news?
– It’s difficult. After my operation in Munich, more than two months passed. For three weeks I couldn’t walk at all, everything hurt, I just lay there. It really hurts. I have a scar of 10 centimeters, very large. As if I gave birth to a child. Nothing like this has ever happened to me.
– How is rehabilitation going?
– In late January-early February, I recovered very slowly. I barely walked about two hours a day. The seam was a little different, because of this, my thigh muscles hurt. I have the feeling that I am learning everything anew. How to walk, run, hit the ball, as if I had just started studying at the academy. About ten days I was in Saint-Raphael, where I was undergoing rehabilitation. There I played with club-level tennis players, lost 2/6, 1/6. They were happy! I provided them a wonderful week! Although I did not recover fully, I was already able to punch the ball normally.
– You are not very disappointed that you are faced with this situation?
– Many players have problems when they are over 30 years old. Tsonga, Berdych, Murray … You have been on Tour for 15 years, so you start to break. Over your shoulders, you have more than 1,000 matches. I have no choice, I am motivated, I want to play. I just know that I will need time. I do not want to rush my return. When I had an operation to remove appendicitis, I hurried a little. Now I take it very seriously. So, I will fight to return. Of course, it is difficult, but, I think I will be speaking again. I just do not know when.
Recommended article: Elina Svitolina and Gael Monfils will release a joint video