Last Updated on January 22, 2019
Czech tennis player Petra Kvitova commented on reaching the semifinals of the Australian Open.
– You were crying on the court.
– In fact, I have mixed emotions. But when I was asked about the past, it was not very easy for me to present myself in the semifinal after all that had happened. I always wanted to return to the highest level, fight the best and go far away – and now it is happening. These were tears of happiness.
– Does such success cause special feelings?
– Of course. I would say that this is my second career. We can say that this is my first semi-final in it. It took quite a lot of time. I have never played so well on Helmets, and I am glad that now everything has changed. But the tournament is not over yet.
– You can become the first racket of the world.
– I do not look at the rating. I generally hear about it for the first time. To be honest, I don’t care. I’m still fighting for the title, so I don’t have time to think about ranking.
– You always said that your tennis is a bit unstable – high peaks, but there are dips. Did something come out?
– Yes. We worked hard to ensure stability. And to be honest, on the “Slams” it was not enough. But this is better than nothing. And since last year I have begun to like these win-win series.