Last Updated on January 20, 2019
Czech Petra Kvitova commented on her victory in the fourth round of the Australian Open.
– The last time you managed to reach the quarterfinals in Melbourne in 2012. No feeling that was a long time ago?
-Not. If you count the years, it turns out a lot, but this is worth the wait. I am glad to reach the quarter-finals. I have nothing to complain about.
– What helped you this year?
– I started the season great. The title in Sydney gave me confidence. There was a tense struggle in the final. Before the Grand Slam tournament, it is important to understand that you are able to recoup even after losing the first game. In Melbourne, I also play great: I serve well and move around the court. Sometimes excitement bothers me, but now I feel great, I enjoy the game. Apparently, this is the case.
– How did you spend the offseason? You have gained a great shape.
– Thank. I did not change anything significant, but I worked very hard.
– You won the Slams twice. Now you have the same feeling as then?
-It was a long time ago, I have changed a lot. Now I just want to give my best 100% and enjoy the game. I think I succeed. Yes, I’m already in the quarter-finals, but I know how difficult it is to win the trophy on the Slam, so for now I don’t even think about it.