Last Updated on January 23, 2019
Japanese tennis player Naomi Osaka in an interview with the press service of the Australian Open commented on her victory in the quarterfinals of the tournament.
– After the triumph at the US Open, you do not consider any outcome as a failure, except for winning the competition?
– Definitely not, because I know perfectly well that many people would give anything to be in my place. Yes, and I myself recently could not even dream of the semi-final of the “major”.
– Perhaps you do not know these statistics, but you already win a lot of fights in a row after winning the starting game.
– I didn’t know about it, but I really feel much more confident if I win the first set. He gives me a lot of information, thanks to which I bring the meeting to win.
– Today you mentioned that you are especially glad that you were not angry during the game. However, you are already very restrained when compared to other players. Why is this so important to you?
– Most people rate me at the US Open, where I was very calm. However, after performing in New York, I often showed emotions on the court: I was angry, I was throwing rackets. However, I do not want this. It’s easier for me to play without splashing out emotions. When I’m crazy, it’s hard for me. During fights, I try to find inner harmony. When I get to achieve it, it becomes immediately easier. However, this is not always possible. It’s not easy, but I’m trying to work on it.