Last Updated on January 20, 2019
Russian Maria Sharapova commented on her defeat in the fourth round of the Australian Open.
– Barty is not easy to resist, she has an unusual style of play. She acted great, I had chances to change the course of the meeting, but I could not use them. I fell out of the game for several games in a row, she felt more confident.
– How do you reaction stands at you? You booed after a toilet break. Did it affect you?
– What do you want to hear in response? I think this is a stupid question.
– How is your shoulder?
– Over the past months, I did not hide the fact that it worries me. So it was last season. Now I just need to control this pain.
– What happened in the second and third sets?Was it a problem with physics or psychology?
– I did not have enough concentration. When the score was 30:30 in the first game of the second game, I behaved incorrectly, going backwards and allowing her to hold long draws.
– Doesn’t it bother you that now you can’t take meldonium that you have been taking for many years?
– Any other questions?
– How do you rate your game at the beginning of the season?
“I did some good stuff this week.” Of course, there is always where to grow. But I need to think about the shoulder. In particular, it is directly related to the flow that I would like to improve. I will do my best to be healthy.
– Do you think Barty can win the Slam?
– Every athlete has a chance, they only need to take advantage. In some matches she played brilliantly, but to win she needed to do it three more times. We’ll see.
– Do you believe that you can win another trophy on the “major”?
– Yes, otherwise it would be difficult for me to continue working in such a rhythm. I would have to fool myself.
– What are your plans for the coming weeks? Will you examine your shoulder?
– I will play in St. Petersburg, and then only in Indian Wells.