Last Updated on January 14, 2019
Bulgarian tennis player Grigor Dimitrov in an interview with the press service of the Australian Open appreciated his start to the tournament.
– You often played with Yanko and yielded to him. Did it bother you?
– Not really, I do not think about the past. This is a very difficult opponent, but I was ready to fight. Just preparing for the next difficult match. At the start of the “Slams” you need to think about yourself and about your form.
– Tell us about working with Agassi.
– We have known each other for many years, I trained with him in the USA when I was 14. I wanted to add to the team a man with clear goals who would make me better. Andre, I totally believe. I talked with my coach and he agreed to expand the team. And now Agassi is already in Melbourne.
– What did he teach you?
– I became better as a person. He showed me that you can behave differently, was the best person. We often discuss things outside of sports, so that I remember that life is good in itself. Now, of course, I think only about matches, and in this, Andre also helps me. He has great experience.