Danish tennis player Caroline Wozniacki commented on the defeat by Maria Sharapova in Melbourne.
– How do you like your performance?
– I did my best and fought to the end. Should have won the first set, once led 4/1. But then she took the second. Today I didn’t have enough for the whole match, but I did everything I could. This was not enough.
-Why didn’t the long jokes succeed?
– I lost my rhythm. She either pierced right through or was mistaken, and I started to play slower. I do not know what to say. It was just such a struggle. This happens.
– After your previous meeting a lot of things happened. What is your relationship now? You are communicating?
– Between us, nothing has changed. She does not speak with anyone, she has her own team and her own circle. We just play in the same Tour. We are rivals.
– I also have rheumatoid arthritis, and today I feel very bad due to humidity. – I went to court, feeling normal. I will not look for excuses. Just today she was better.