American tennis player Amanda Anisimova commented on reaching the 1/8 finals of the Australian Open.
– This is one of the best matches of my life. I played very well today. This is a difficult opponent, so I tuned in to a tough match. But in the end I managed to relax and play that well. I was very glad to go to such a big court, I wanted to enjoy the game, enjoy the moment. As a result, it helped me.
– The year before last you won the junior US Open.
– Everything has changed: both psychology and technology. Now I believe in myself, I trust myself. That’s why I play so well.
– You have a cool backhand.
– Many say so. But I like to play on both sides. Today I tried to be extremely aggressive, because she also plays that way. Therefore, I needed to do everything to take control in my own hands.
– If you could fulfill one tennis dream, what would you choose?
– Would win this tournament.
– Have you already exceeded your own expectations?
– I came here very confident, I knew that everything was possible, but I didn’t look beyond the nearest match. Winning the first round was awesome. I hope to win the next one, but this is already a great success.
– After the match, you said a few words about Maria Sharapova. Who else were you equal in childhood?
– I like Maria since childhood. She is a great example to follow. I always liked to watch her matches and her interviews. She is also a good person in life. I love her.