This year the US Open will take place with German tennis player Alexander Zverev. The management of the 23-year-old confirms his participation at the Grand Slam in New York.
“He will be leaving on Saturday to attend the US Open. He has been registered for around three weeks and has been in full preparation mode ever since,” said a statement from Team 8 Global on the Grand Slam tournament starting August 31. He is also on the list of participants at the dress rehearsal for the Western and Southern Open (starting August 22nd), which will also be held in New York.
Zverev had last left open whether he would play in the USA, which is severely affected by the Corona pandemic. “We need to talk as a team because I don’t think the situation there is very good right now, especially in New York,” he said earlier this month on the sidelines of an invitational tournament in Nice that Zverev won.
The world number seven had reached the semi-finals at the Australian Open, the only Grand Slam event of the year so far.
Recommended article: EUGENIE BOUCHARD: DURING THE QUARANTINE, I BEGAN TO MASTER THE PIANO.